Scarva is a UK based company and complies with UK consumer law including the Distance Selling Regulations; our Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights. Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to cancel an order and return any goods that may already have been dispatched, up to 7 days from receipt.
Because we trade in the UK all prices on this site include VAT (Value Added Tax) at 20%. If you are shopping with us from outside the E.U. or a tax-exempt country such as the Channel Islands then this VAT does not apply. Our web site will automatically display all prices with the VAT deducted and you will be billed accordingly.
Descriptions, Specifications & Performance
Scarva makes no representation as to the quality or performance or suitability for the Buyer's purposes. The Seller provides no performance warranties whatsoever. All descriptions, specifications, drawings and illustrations contained on the website and advertising matter and similar information given verbally is published for general guidance only and no warranty or guarantee of any is to be implied by such publication nor is such information to form part of any contract.
Data provided by us with regard to the properties of materials or the performance of machinery and equipment is based on the results we normally expect under test conditions and no warranties or guarantees are to be implied unless given in writing for specific batches of materials or specific items of equipment or machinery.
In accordance with our policy of constantly improving products we reserve the right to change specifications or delete any item from our website or other sales literature without prior notice.
Where products are manufactured or adapted to the buyers own specification the seller accepts no responsibility as regards the fitness for purpose of the products so supplied, and those goods are not returnable for credit without the specific prior written agreement from Scarva.
• Alternative Products - The seller reserves the right, should circumstances dictate, to supply a product of a specification that differs from that detailed in the website. In such cases every effort would be made to supply a product of at least the same quality.
• Colour charts - Whilst every effort has been made to faithfully show colour references, these may alter depending on your monitor settings.
Health & Safety
It is your responsibility to have your ware tested as food safe as production techniques and conditions may be very varied. It is therefore advisable to have finished pieces tested prior to mass production. We recommend that all coloured glazes in particular are tested.
All electrical equipment intended for the workplace requiring 3 phase power will be supplied with installation information and customers require the services of a qualified electrician for commissioning this equipment.
Installation of equipment such as presses, kilns etc must be arranged by the customer and with all products supplied, manufacturer’s instructions must be followed.
We make every effort to describe the content and make up of all products. However we strongly recommend you read and understand the instructions and labels of each product before use taking care to understand risks and warnings.
COSHH- the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) regulations 1988 require any user, be they employer or employee to be aware of the potential hazards presented by the substances with which they work. The regulations call for all users to review why and how they use these substances and emphasize the reduction or the removal of any risk arising from their use. We will send on request a manufacturer's health and safety data sheet for any product supplied as available.
None of our products are suitable for children under 5 years of age. For safety reasons, children and young persons under 16 years of age as well as persons who cannot recognise possible danger, should not be allowed to use sharp or pointed tools.
All materials should be tested on receipt and the customer should ensure before using the bulk that the materials are satisfactory and meet any particular requirements. Providing we are notified within 14 days of delivery we will exchange any materials found to be unsatisfactory but our liability is limited to the necessary cost of such testing and exchange. If the customer should fail to give any such notice, the materials shall be deemed acceptable.
Machinery, Kilns & Equipment
If any article or part should be found to contain any defect due to faulty workmanship, or material (fair wear and tear excepted) we undertake to replace the defective article or part free of all material and labour cost. If agreed that we repair the particular items in situ then we reserve the right to make a charge to cover the relevant travelling expenses.
The conditions apply providing that: • Full information regarding the defect is received by us within 12 months of delivery.
• If requested by us the defective article or part is promptly returned to us, properly labelled for identification and at customers risk and expense.
• The defective article or part has not been repaired, modified or interfered with in any way.
• The article or part has not been subjected to excessive wear due to overloading or abuse and in case of kilns the operating temperature has not at any time exceeded the designed maximum temperature as stated on the specification plate affixed to the kiln.
• The buyer must ensure all measurements of equipment and electrical requirements if any have been taken into consideration before ordering. Scarva cannot be held liable and is not obliged to accept returns of equipment if ordered incorrectly.
Availability & Delivery
Any time or date for delivery is given in good faith but it is an estimate only and we shall not be liable for the consequences of any delay, however caused. Neither the time of despatch nor of delivery shall be of the essence. We do our best to ensure availability of all products and endeavour to despatch all parts within the quoted time. If there is a delay we will inform you of this via email and the product will be despatched as soon as it is available. If you have ordered multiple items they may arrive separately.
If the buyer fails to take delivery of the goods by not collecting or not accepting them or fails to give Scarva adequate delivery instructions before the time stated for delivery then without prejudice to any other right or remedy, Scarva may at its option store the goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer for reasonable costs of storage and insurance or sell the goods at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage, insurance and selling expenses) charge the Buyer for any short fall below the price under the contract.
Delivery of boxes is to your door only; pallet delivery will be to kerbside only. Off-loading and moving into position shall be the purchasers resposibility.
It is the buyers responsibility to check specifications including all electrical requirements.
Force Majeure - We shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to goods supplied or delivered hereunder that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes.)
Loss or Damage In Transit
Where goods are supplied on carriage paid terms we will replace or at our option and at our expense make good any time or part thereof, lost or damaged in transit provided that:
• In the case of non-delivery within 14 days of dispatch, the customer gives notice to us in writing.
• In the case of damage of goods the carriers receipt should be endorsed appropriately and the customer must give notice to us in writing within 3 days of receipt, stating the nature of the damage and if so required by us, return the damaged item or part at customers risk and expense in which we undertake subject to our prior approval of the carrier, to reimburse the cost of carriage. If we are not so advised within 3 days of receipt of goods, we cannot accept liability for damage to the goods.
Return of Goods
If it should be necessary to return goods, a request should be made in writing stating the order number, the quantity and description of the goods and the reason for the proposed return. No shipment should be made until written authorisation is received.
Card Payments, Security and Privacy
We accept most major credit cards and for off-line purchases will accept Sterling Postal Orders, Personal Cheques, Bank Drafts and Bank transfers. Exchange rates around the world do vary all the time so payments made to Scarva must always be in UK pounds Sterling.
We can assure you that all your information is kept safe and secure, from your on-line shopping basket to the goods arriving at your front door. A secure SSL encryption protects all your details during the shopping process and we do not pass on or use them with any third parties, companies and marketing organisations. All the details required are needed for no other reason than to fully process your order.
For remote addresses and international orders, your telephone number may be forwarded on to our couriers, to ensure receipt of your goods. We update our stock daily and if an item is out of stock it will be displayed as such on the site. If there is a problem with availability we will contact you within 24 hours of the order being made, in which case you have a choice of waiting until it is in stock. In any case, orders are not processed unless we have the item in stock.
Price Match Request
1. The competitor must have the requested size/colour in stock.
2. The price to match should include postage costs.
3. The manufacturer's item numbers must match.
4. Price matching only applies to identical items.
5. The item must be new.
6. The item must be posted on the competitor's website; we must be able to view that price.
7. We will not match any auction pricing. This includes any items listed on e-bay.
8. You must request a price match - via e-mail before purchasing a product.
9. We will not match prices after a purchase is made or payment is processed.
10. Policy is subject to change without notice.
11. No additional sales or discounts can be used with or in addition of a price match.
12. All Price match requests that are approved will have an expiry date.
13. We retain the right to decline any Price match Request.
Reviews and Comments
Scarva encourages customers to leave reviews, comments and product questions on our website. We regularly monitor this content and reserve the right to remove or edit content at any time. Material submitted to our website including images are copyright protected and you are permitting its appearance on Scarva.
Disclaimer for site usage and Copyright
Scarva disclaims damages of any kind, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties implied or otherwise relating to use of this site. All pictures, material, code, intellectual property and descriptions are the property of Scarva and Export Technologies. It may not be copied or used without the express permission of these parties.