9883 Black Blue Speckle
BOTZ stoneware glazes are available ready to use in both 200 & 800ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2 – 3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1240°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Glossy
- Glossy, blue-blackish stoneware effect glaze, nice running effects can be achieved if applied unevenly
- Apply 2 – 3 coats, tends to run if applied in a thick coat
- Firing range: 1220 – 1280°C, 30 min soak
- 1220°C: soft black-bluish glaze with small light effects
- 1250°C: blue-blackish glaze with light effects, nice running effects if applied in a thicker coat
- 1280°C: blue-blackish glaze with light effects (only apply 2 coats), if applied in a very thin coat and on the edges, the glaze will show a brown base