9897 Lilac Granite
BOTZ stoneware glazes are available ready to use in both 200 & 800ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2 – 3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1240°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Satin
- Satin, lavender-coloured stoneware effect glaze, blue-based with light and dark mauve effects
- Apply 2 – 3 coats (better 3 coats, apply only 2 coats at base of the object)
- Firing range: 1220 – 1280°C, 30 min soak, most beautiful at 1250°C
- 1220°C: Mauve shade, rather slightly bluish
- 1250°C: stone-mat, light-mauve coloured glaze, blue base with light and dark mauve precipitations if applied with a thin coat
- 1280°C: Mauve shade slightly more reddish