9879 Bright Blue
BOTZ stoneware glazes are available ready to use in both 200 & 800ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2 – 3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1240°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Glossy
- Glossy, skyblue stoneware effect glaze, nice light running effects can be achieved by locally thicker coats apply 2 – 3 coats, will not run off (better apply 3 coats, when firing at 1280°C, only apply 2 coats at bottom area for vessels!)
- Firing range: 1220 – 1280°C, 30 min soak,
- Most beautiful from 1250°C on
- 1220°C: greyish blue with small light effects
- 1250°C: bright light blue with white effects
- 1280°C: an even lighter blue is achieved