9890 Turquoise Granite
BOTZ stoneware glazes are available ready to use in both 200 & 800ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2 – 3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1240°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Satin-glossy
- Silk-matt stoneware turquoise with fine light specks
- Apply 2-3 coats (better to apply 3 coats)
- Will not run off
- Firing range: 1220 – 1280°C, 30 min soak, most beautiful from 1250°C on
- 1220°C: silk-matt greenish turquoise
- 1250°C: silk-matt turquoise with light effects
- 1280°C: effects will intensify, particularly beautiful vivid bluish turqois
- Glaze is very hard, excellently suited for tableware