9893 Basalt Grey
BOTZ stoneware glazes are available ready to use in both 200 & 800ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2 – 3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1240°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Satin
- Silk-matt grey stoneware glaze with lighter effects
- Apply 2 – 3 coats (better with 3 coats)
- Will not run off
- Firing range: 1220 – 1280°C, 30 min soak, most beautiful from 1250°C on
- 1220°C: very fine effects in silk-matt, brownish-grey glaze
- 1250°C: brownishgrey with light effects
- 1280°C: soft, greenish-grey glaze with stronger effects
- Glaze is very hard, excellently suited for tableware