9895 Sand Granite
BOTZ stoneware glazes are available ready to use in both 200 & 800ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2 – 3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1240°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Satin
- Silk-matt, sand-yellow stoneware glaze with fine black specks
- Apply 2 – 3 coats (better with 3 coats)
- Will not run off
- Firing range: 1220 – 1280°C, 30 min soak, most beautiful from 1250°C on
- 1220°C: silk-matt yolk yellow
- 1250°C: silk-matt, sand-yellow with fine black specks
- 1280°C: matt pastel yellow with fine light and black specks
- Glaze is very hard, excellently suited for tableware