BOTZ stoneware glazes are available ready to use in both 200 & 800ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2 – 3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1240°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Satin-glossy
- Satin-glossy, black-based stoneware glaze with fine, mustard-yellow precipitations arranged in rings
- Apply 2 – 3 coats (3 coats, when firing at 1250°C, 2 coats at 1280°C!)
- Firing range: 1220 – 1280°C, 30 min soak, most beautiful from 1250°C on
- 1250°C: salamander effect if 3 coats a applied, see picture in catalogue
- 1280°C: silk-matt black with very nice orange-brownish precipitations, apply 2 coats only, running effects when applied locally as a thicker coat